Wednesday 16 September 2015

Hump de Bump

 
 
 
Thanks to Mr S and his common sense, I no longer have to listen to the ersatz music accompanying the Couch 25K app and can get my funk on to the Chilli Peppers. Yay! So, the update is that I am still somewhat stuck on Week5, Run 1 which is 5 running x 3 walking, three times. I had another running week off as I was doing 7k walks with the dogs, and was completely shattered with the constant vigilance that a new introduction to the household demands. But, I went out on Monday for my first run in the dark with just my Rosie and it was totally amazing! Running for 5 minutes now seems nearly natural. I had my  high vis on, Chili Peppers on loud and my little dog happily jogging along, this run was as close to perfect as I have had. I decided to push myself and speed up a little, nearly running FAST!
 
Imagine my chagrin as I looked at my phone to turn off the tunes and the app and noticed a little message from the C25k app...it said:
 
Todays run was a little shorter than usual. Never mind, better luck next time.
 
Erm, Pardon me, Better luck next time?? What cheek, it was shorter because it was FASTER! Stupid app. Mr S of course found this hilarious, that I had 'been dissed' by my very own phone. I'm still looking forward to tonight's run though.
 
Tuesday found me at quilting class at The Crafty Fox, we are learning to make a flying geese quilt. So exciting! (Doesn't take much you say....) I have of-course set myself a mind puzzler of a quilt because I have a bundle of very cute but very limited size-wise vintage fabric so have not yet had the courage to cut up my stash. To further complicate matters, I want to sew geese of varying sizes so will have lots of measurements to calculate for homework. In just one lesson, I have an even greater respect for Quilters, it is such an amazing skill.
 
This is the quilt I want to make:
 
 
 
This is my fabric:
 
 
 
I might have to chose an alternative though:
 
 
 
Today (Wednesday) found me wrestling a large stinky recalcitrant Labrador down our road. On Tuesday, I came back to find a very smiley dog with it's head poking out of my very crooked wooden blinds. Rolo had managed to escape from the kitchen. He cries piteously when he is separated from the family but I can't trust him with the full run of the house alone and unsupervised, so today I made sure to pull the door completely closed and locked the stair gate in front. 
 
I had a quick dash round the shops and was horrified to open my front door to be greeted by a Golden Blur dashed past into the street almost knocking me off my feet and in hot pursuit of a Little Old Lady walking a Westie. Luckily, said Lady was sensible and stopped calmly to let me catch the great hooligan who was giddy with excitement at his own ingenuity. I hadn't stopped to get the lead so ended up dragging a very twisty Rolo by the collar who was digging his heels cartoon-like, just like Scooby Doo being forced to follow the 'ghost'! He does make me laugh so, he is such a cheerful, playful dog, it is like he wants to live life to the full after coming so close to the chop. He is off on a day-trip at the weekend to visit a prospective family and while I will be very sad to see him go, tears will be shed but deep down I hope he does get on well there. He deserves a permanent home and we are becoming very attached.
 
Why is it, that I always manage to be in these sorts of situations when some of the most immaculately groomed residents of our street are out and watching the capers? Then, I had a quick coffee and decided to speed round the garden with the mower and then fixed myself what I thought was a very long cool glass of homemade Elderflower cordial and enjoyed a large glug when I was horrified to find that it was in fact, last Autumn's rocket fuel, my Rosehip Vodka. I was quite Pink when collecting the kids from the school bus. Oh dear. Drinking in the Afternoon...Alone! Ho Hum, I kinda wish it was Friday already. Thank-you for reading. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

9 comments:

  1. of course you mistook them... it wasn't intentional (I blame the jogging and the 60s vibe, very ladies with martinis in the afternoon).
    The quilt looks fab, good luck... Have you checked out Kaffe Fasset, his quilt and the colours he uses are amazing... there is a book, that i picked up 2nd hand for a friend (you may be sitting beside her at the class ;-) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks for reminding me of Kaffe Fasset, a man with a way with colour to say the least. I used to love his designs in the 80's must check him out again. All the other people in the class are very experienced sewers, it is going to be great seeing how they all interpret the design. x

      Delete
  2. This did make me laugh :o) LOVE that Chilli Peppers song and vid. No wonder you scooted along. I don't run to music, perhaps I should. I think I might just end up dancing down the lane though, which would amuse the neighbours no end and horrify my children :o) Oh, the Exploits Of Rolo :o) Finger's crossed for the weekend. LOVE all your fabric and can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm sure it will be lovely whatever it turns itself in to. I find these things have a will of their own... XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think that music helps me keep going further and faster - I do have to fight the urge to dance and worse..sing out loud! Glad you like the fabric, isn't it lovely fun choosing fabric for a quilt? x

      Delete
    2. One of the funnist things to do :o)

      Delete
  3. A lovely post! Well done on the running - you're a better woman than me - and it sounds as though you're getting there, despite your app's advice... The quilt is an excellent idea: it's so nice to plan and see it coming together. I'm off to the Knitting and Stitching show this week, so am looking forward to some planning and sewing myself!
    And tipsy at the school gate?! Brilliant! You'll be the talk of the playground..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lou, thanks so much for popping by, sorry for the late reply I have been off-line all week! Enjoy the Knitting and Stitching show, I'm envious, I bet you get more than enough inspiration there. Do you have a blog Lou? I love the notion of a special Nurse for Knitting! ;)

      Delete
    2. No blog, I'm afraid, although I always liked the idea! I commented here a month or two ago as 'Louise' but have stuck 'the knit nurse' after it to link up with Instagram, which I do like. I have grown a bit lazy of late and my comments have dwindled - sorry! - but am trying to pull my socks up again and make an effort!
      My husband thought of the knit nurse title and I love it but it is a tricky one to say to people, as I keep insisting that it's "knit with a k"!
      Have a great weekend x

      Delete
    3. Louise Hello! Lovely to 'see' you again. Instagram does look very good, I have signed up but as yet have not had a good look around the site. I do love the Knit Nurse moniker but oh The Nit Nurse does also have a weird appeal! The Nit Nurse, the stories She could tell. Have a fab weekend yourself. x

      Delete